Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

Where do you watch animes?

On which website or app do you watch animes? Why do you watch them on that particular platform?
Or are you someone who downloads them from torrent or some other website and then watch?

Crunchyroll is typically my go-to, if it's unavailable there though, I'll watch on HiDive, they have some decent exclusives but can't imagine them ever being more popular than CR (subscription is only 4.99 monthly though), Amazon prime, netflix and hulu will be my other go-to's if it's unavailable on those two as well.

I started watching animes on a website called Animix Play if I'm not wrong. But currently, I'm watching them on Netflix. Fun fact: I didn't know that Netflix had animes too.😅

Crunchyroll, HiDive, Netflix are usually the three services that get exclusives, so I will always have those. I also have Max, which is good for Ghibli films.

It's definitely on Crunchyroll most of the time for me. I do make use of Netflix once in a while, they haven't been bad either.

I haven't used Hulu to watch any anime. Btw, which Max are you talking about? Is it HBO Max or another I'm not aware of?
yeah hbo max! i use it for anime very sparingly, as most of what i want is already on crunchyroll tbh... same goes for hulu. but every now and then, they get ahold of something.

yeah hbo max! i use it for anime very sparingly, as most of what i want is already on crunchyroll tbh... same goes for hulu. but every now and then, they get ahold of something.
I RARELY try to use Hulu, after they added the ads that were 1-2 minutes long 3x per episode, I lost my mind. Trying to watch the latest season of Bleach last year drove me absolutely NUTS.

You're crazy for DLing anime. I don't think that I've DL'ed an anime in like 10+ years.
Yes, but I don't wanna pay for multiple streaming services. Especially if it's like.. one or two anime that's not on CR. (e.g. The eminence in shadow isn't on CR but on that other service that I forgot the name of)

Yes, but I don't wanna pay for multiple streaming services. Especially if it's like.. one or two anime that's not on CR. (e.g. The eminence in shadow isn't on CR but on that other service that I forgot the name of)
HiDive, I'm right there with you in terms of that. My wife uses hulu/HBO/Netflix, and I pay for CR and HiDive (which is only 4.99 a month). Not too bad imo. Rather just not run the risk of DLing something malicious.

I RARELY try to use Hulu, after they added the ads that were 1-2 minutes long 3x per episode, I lost my mind. Trying to watch the latest season of Bleach last year drove me absolutely NUTS.
Who doesn't hate ads? It's a common thing for most streaming services now but it seems like Hulu is more crazy with it based on how they set up their ads.

Back