Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

What made you instantly quit using a forum?

Cory

Have you ever come across a forum or perhaps even been a member of a forum for a while, but something just made you instantly quit using it?

Honestly, I can't think of a forum that I joined that made me just not want to ever return. I used to be a sucker for themes where that was all that I cared about. Examples being Designer Kitchen, Juicy Press, etc. to name a couple but couldn't really get involved in their community. Regardless, I'll usually continue to lurk.

I don't appreciate being attacked on any forum. Once that happens in a forum I use, I'm leaving for good. This happened in one gaming forum VGR where one of the staff is a racist and a very difficult human being. I left the forum and never came back.

When a forum is sold, and I have no attachment to the new owner.

Admittedly, I don't always leave *entirely*, but I usually drop my activity massively.

When a forum is sold, and I have no attachment to the new owner.

Admittedly, I don't always leave *entirely*, but I usually drop my activity massively.
Personally, I don't mind the forum getting a new own as long as he runs the forum well. If he begins to make unwarranted changes that breaks the forum, I definitely leave the community immediately.

Personally, I don't mind the forum getting a new own as long as he runs the forum well. If he begins to make unwarranted changes that breaks the forum, I definitely leave the community immediately.
Fair enough :) .

I guess it's different in my case, because when I join and become active on a forum, it's often out of goodwill towards the owner - and I resent the idea that my goodwill is for sale.

Fair enough :) .

I guess it's different in my case, because when I join and become active on a forum, it's often out of goodwill towards the owner - and I resent the idea that my goodwill is for sale.
What I understand is that life can happen to anyone. Someone who had the zeal to run his forum might get knocked down by something which makes it impossible for him to keep up with running the forum if he insist on keeping it going. The forum will end up dying on his watch. It's better for him to look for someone who probably have the same idea towards running the forum and let it go.

I joined an anime forum, to see if I could affiliate with them. So I join and go to post. And the community has been moderated completely. I think I had to make at least 10 posts on this community to even be able to post freely Something like this will make me not want to be apart of a community.

I joined an anime forum, to see if I could affiliate with them. So I join and go to post. And the community has been moderated completely. I think I had to make at least 10 posts on this community to even be able to post freely Something like this will make me not want to be apart of a community.
This sort of a thing is a serious hand wringing for me when it comes to posting on a forum because I had interest in the niche. If they shackle me from posting freely, I'll quit it for sure.

I have in the past come across members and even staff members and owners who have made me want to instantly quit a forum.

I tend to get on with everyone and want to be part of as many communities as I can be but there are times when something happens and you find out about it and you no longer want to be part of that community.

In a lot of cases it has been bullying towards other people.

I have in the past come across members and even staff members and owners who have made me want to instantly quit a forum.

I tend to get on with everyone and want to be part of as many communities as I can be but there are times when something happens and you find out about it and you no longer want to be part of that community.

In a lot of cases it has been bullying towards other people.
No one likes to be bullied in life. It doesn't matter if it's online on forum or offline, human beings have feelings and no one deserves to be stepped on. I would definitely leave such a community should that happen to me.

Back