99013.jpg

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Streaming platform
  1. Crunchyroll
  2. Netflix
  3. Hulu
  4. Amazon Prime

Synopsis

Hunters devote themselves to accomplishing hazardous tasks, all from traversing the world's uncharted territories to locating rare items and monsters. Before becoming a Hunter, one must pass the Hunter Examination—a high-risk selection process in which most applicants end up handicapped or worse, deceased.

Ambitious participants who challenge the notorious exam carry their own reason. What drives 12-year-old Gon Freecss is finding Ging, his father and a Hunter himself. Believing that he will meet his father by becoming a Hunter, Gon takes the first step to walk the same path.

During the Hunter Examination, Gon befriends the medical student Leorio Paladiknight, the vindictive Kurapika, and ex-assassin Killua Zoldyck. While their motives vastly differ from each other, they band together for a common goal and begin to venture into a perilous world.

(Source: MyAnimeList)

Trailer

The Best Goat GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Probably my favorite anime of all time. Still waiting for the manga to finish but doubt that'll ever happen at this rate. I remember watching this for the first time, I ended up binging everything over the summer in less than a week. I've gone back and watched some arcs here since but easily such a creative anime that I enjoyed every ounce of.

This is one of my favorites as well. It is sad that the manga may never finish, but at least the mangaka gave us an ending already in case he cant.