Ask Kyng

Co-founder, alongside Detective Osprey :p .

(She no longer plays a leadership role, though... she stepped down from that almost a decade ago!)
Wow! I didn't know that. How did you manage to process everything while moving away from ZetaBoards? Knowing that the database would be gone forever, was it an easy decision to make the move? Or did you ever consider closing TCH when ZetaBoards announced it's closure?

Wow! I didn't know that. How did you manage to process everything while moving away from ZetaBoards? Knowing that the database would be gone forever, was it an easy decision to make the move? Or did you ever consider closing TCH when ZetaBoards announced it's closure?
Well, the move itself was pretty difficult: it took us a month to get the new MyBB forum set up. But I'm glad we did it that way: MyBB is a much more powerful platform than ZB ever was!

It was actually a very easy decision to make the move. Yes, losing eight and a half years' worth of posts was very annoying, but what it came down to was: lose our history, or lose our future. When I thought of it like that, it became very obvious what the correct choice was.

And no, I didn't consider closing TCH... I knew I had to at least *try* keeping it going elsewhere :) !