Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

Would you consider RWBY an anime?

The debate among anime purists often centers on whether "All anime should originate from Japan." However, there is a show that has garnered a significant following, and I am among those who adore it. The question remains: Should RWBY be classified as an anime or merely another American cartoon? I feel it has the anime design and a lot of the anime tropes. so I would consider it an anime.

I would personally just say it's "anime-influenced" and leave it at that, but I also don't have a significant interest in this debate.

For the fact that it has the anime design and a lot of other anime tropes, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be considered as an anime. Yes, it's well known that Japan leads in anime production but it doesn't mean it can't come from another part of the world.

Back