Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

What do you think of torture in anime?

There are some anime which have seen horrible and intense interrogation in the scenes of the show. For example of what I'm talking about is how Ken Kaneki was interrogated and tortured by Aogiri Tree in Tokyo Ghoul.

How do you feel about watching such scenes in anime? Does it appeal to you or it's too much to take?

Honestly? I see it as plot fuel. I am going to take your example of Ken from Tokyo Ghoul. I don't think he would have accepted his fate as a ghoul without the torture. I think once he accepted it he became a better character

I agree with Sinistra, so long as it drives the plot I'm okay with it. Some other good examples are Akame Ga Kill and Hunter x Hunter. In Akame Ga Kill, it serves as an example of how people can lie and put on show to hide their darker side and is the reason why he does not see Night Raid as the terrorist group the country portrays them to be. As for Hunter x Hunter, seeing Killua take such extreme torture really explains why he thinks the way he does and why he is so strong even at a young age.

Back