What are your thoughts on the VTuber trend?

Vtubers have hit the internet in the last few years, For those that do not know what a Vtuber is, is a streamer. Mainly females who use cute anime girls as their avatars when streaming. a few examples are Ironmouse, Gawr Gura, Shylilly, and Filian. I don't mind them as a person but as someone who has started to recently start streaming, I feel they are pulling views from other content creators. because they use more sexualized models when it comes to their content.

While they may seem to use more sexualized models, there are other female streamers who do the same without a virtual avatar. Some people like that, others don't. I think the appeal of vtuber is that you don't have to have your face plastered all over the internet and people fawning over you. It makes entering the streaming field much easier, especially for younger females and/or those that have social anxiety.

VTubers are something that has been around a while and at first, I never minded them and thought they were quite cool and a great way to keep their identity safe but also be themselves as well.

Over the last year or so I will admit, they have started to go too far and become more sexualized I would say which is a shame I feel that has taken it too far and now gives everyone who chooses to use this method a bad name.

It is a shame they went the way they did but I feel that is just how things are going now because it is in demand.