Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

Is there much anime that is part of the Horror genre? :eek:

What kind of shows/movies so I can check them out?

The horror genre is not my forte, in anime or otherwise. I have seen a few though.

Tokyo Ghoul is the one that comes to mind, though many people think the manga is better, but the anime is a faster watch.

I did also watch Paranoia Agent when it aired on Toonami, from what I can remember it was pretty good.

Elfen Lied is another. It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember hating it.

Higurashi is not one that I have ever watched, but it's pretty notorious for it's horror elements.

The horror genre is not my forte, in anime or otherwise. I have seen a few though.

Tokyo Ghoul is the one that comes to mind, though many people think the manga is better, but the anime is a faster watch.

I did also watch Paranoia Agent when it aired on Toonami, from what I can remember it was pretty good.

Elfen Lied is another. It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember hating it.

Higurashi is not one that I have ever watched, but it's pretty notorious for it's horror elements.
These are a good start, I haven't seen Paranoia Agent yet, but the other 3 are great. I just finished Higurashi for a Halloween watch and it was good.

Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate
Corps Party
Soul Eater

I suggest these few to watch if you are looking for something scary. Soul Eater isn't all that scary but has a Halloween theme!

Anime have got a strong root in the horror genre over the years. I've watched so many that had the same effect horror movies come with. Some of my favorite horror anime would be ;

1. Corpse Party: Tortured Souls
  2. Death Note
  3. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
  4. Gantz
  5. Ghost Hunt

Higurashi When They Cry, Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma and Mononoke were very good horror. From what I remembered with watching all of them, Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma gripped me most.

Back