Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

End of An Era - Huge Anime Streamer Funimation Announces the End of its Service

Anime giant Funimation has just been shut down by its parent company Sony and merged with the streaming service Crunchyroll.

Users of the giant anime app Funimation will have to say farewell to the platform as it is shutting down and merging with Crunchyroll in April. Although it was known that this would happen for some time now, it is still quite sad to see a titan of the industry go.

The official website of Funimation disclosed the specifics of the shutdown and reassured users that they could still enjoy all the anime through their sister app Crunchyroll.

Funimation will officially be shut down on April 2nd 2024 and will merge with Crunchyroll. Funimation users will be able to transfer their history to Crunchyroll.

Continue Reading...

I saw this a couple days ago that they had announced an official date for closure. I also saw a few people that were rather upset they were not going to get the grandfathered subscription rate that funimation had. Regardless it’s only a $5 increase and not a big deal but I can understand the frustration of not being able to carry of your digital library for some of that anime purchases.

Back