Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

🚀 Update Directory & Updates

Hey all!

I've been pretty sick with covid for a little over a week now but starting to get back into the groove of things so I apologize for any inactivity on my side. I just haven't felt the urge to get out of bed until yesterday.

A little update that I've been working on silently before I was sick though is the directory. It isn't complete just yet but any suggestions are welcome while we are still in the testing phase. You basically can create an item with a description and it'll automatically post the discussion topic for a specific anime. You must include a cover image though. Any additional trailers are welcome.

I'll edit this topic over the next few days when things are finally complete as my head is still a little foggy from covid and I'm honestly not entirely sure what all I'm typing at the moment. :p

Update 1:
Noticing a bug that items are being approved correctly. Working on a fix for that. :) Fixed.

Update 2:
Currently working out some permissions and it will be available to the public tomorrow. Done.
Working on converting all of the current threads to the directory. Done.
All anime & manga discussions have been moved into one category.

Update 3:
Additional Directory updates:
  • The directory subcategories can now be found by clicking on the arrow pointing downwards when clicking on the directory as such:
8aiJMf4.png

• I've also cleaned up the other links within that weren't as useful.
  • You can also search the directory by tags by using the search directory function found on the above links as well, examples being: romance, action, horror, etc..
Other Updates that were not mentioned before:
  • The featured anime/manga were moved above the anime category and below the announcement category.
All of these updates have been added to the OP because these are all pertaining to the directory in one way or another. :)

Last edited:
Update 4: We've added an alternative theme. One being the light version from Admin Junkies, and the other being the dark version. I plan on adding a new logo for both of these themes but for the time being, I've left everything mostly as default. I felt it would be great to add alternatives to users browsing our forum.

Update 4: We've added an alternative theme. One being the light version from Admin Junkies, and the other being the dark version. I plan on adding a new logo for both of these themes but for the time being, I've left everything mostly as default. I felt it would be great to add alternatives to users browsing our forum.
Looks good here! Thanks for the purchase, enjoy the theme. :) We plan on doing some updates to it soon and make it easier to change colors, stay tuned for that. Don't have an ETA yet unfortunately.

Directory updates are looking great! :)

Looks good here! Thanks for the purchase, enjoy the theme. :) We plan on doing some updates to it soon and make it easier to change colors, stay tuned for that. Don't have an ETA yet unfortunately.

Directory updates are looking great! :)
I'm enjoying the theme quite a bit. It's easily probably my favorite dark version available on XF, at least in my opinion. Was a bit of a pain trying to figure out the logo, etc but finally made something that I was satisfied with. There are a few things on the dark theme that may need tweaking, such as the visibility on the no new posts fontawesome icons for each node and the inability to see the boxes on sticking a thread, etc, but regardless of that, I love these two themes. :p

Examples:
GBTbx33.png

a36Gij4.png

Additional Directory updates:
  • The directory subcategories can now be found by clicking on the arrow pointing downwards when clicking on the directory as such:
8aiJMf4.png

• I've also cleaned up the other links within that weren't as useful.
  • You can also search the directory by tags by using the search directory function found on the above links as well, examples being: romance, action, horror, etc..
Other Updates that were not mentioned before:
  • The featured anime/manga were moved above the anime category and below the announcement category.
All of these updates have been added to the OP because these are all pertaining to the directory in one way or another. :)

Back