Welcome to Otaku Paradise

Interested in joining us?

By registering, you can join the ultimate haven for anime and manga enthusiasts! Whether you're a seasoned otaku or just taking your first steps into the captivating world of Japanese animation and comics, you've found your new online home.

I'm obsessed with fists of the north star, can anyone recomend anything like that but more modern. Thanks

Man, Fist of the North Star is a classic, hard to name anything that may be modern in relation to that BUT lucky for you, they are actually going to create a new adaption to the series.

Info here: https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/latest/2023/9/12/new-fist-of-the-north-star-hokuto-no-ken-anime

Aside from that, there really isn't anything that is going to scratch that itch that's modern in my own opinion.

If you're interested in some older material, Sakigake!! Otokojuku may be a good start. Gantz MAY also be something you're interested in if you enjoy gore, post apocalyptic material, etc.. (Gantz is incredibly gorey and isn't something that I personally enjoyed because of how brutal it is, but that depends on the watcher and what they personally enjoy.

I'll just throw some out there that you may enjoy, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Berserk, Baki the Grapper/Baki, Claymore, Basilisk, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, etc.

My main question that I'll ask you is this though.. What exactly did you like about Fist of the North Star? If you like over-the-top wacky martial arts nonsense, maybe Baki will be for you. If you like the idea of large, eccentric men beating the hell out of each other with weird and particular tactics and strong personality, maybe you'll like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Some more modern options that I'll throw out there:
Attack on Titan, Baki (2018), Dororo, Kengan Ashura, Jujutsu Kaisen (maybe?)

Last edited:
law of ueki
Talk about a throwback. I love Law of Ueki, not really all that modern though and its more of a survival tournament thing.

As prophet has said, there is not much like Fist of the North Star, but if we break it down to a martial art revenge story in a post apocalyptical land... and without repeating what prophet had recommended, perhaps Trigun. Its post apocalyptical western which is kinda close. The original is not really modern, but they did a reboot which is good too. It is called Trigun Stampede.

Back