96435.jpg

A Silent Voice

Streaming platform
  1. Netflix

General Information

As a wild youth, elementary school student Shouya Ishida sought to beat boredom in the cruelest ways. When the deaf Shouko Nishimiya transfers into his class, Shouya and the rest of his class thoughtlessly bully her for fun. However, when her mother notifies the school, he is singled out and blamed for everything done to her. With Shouko transferring out of the school, Shouya is left at the mercy of his classmates. He is heartlessly ostracized all throughout elementary and middle school, while teachers turn a blind eye.

Now in his third year of high school, Shouya is still plagued by his wrongdoings as a young boy. Sincerely regretting his past actions, he sets out on a journey of redemption: to meet Shouko once more and make amends.

A Silent Voice tells the heartwarming tale of Shouya's reunion with Shouko and his honest attempts to redeem himself, all while being continually haunted by the shadows of his past.

(Source: MyAnimeList)

Trailer

Same, but not for the same reason. It is just a very well made emotional show. I believe it's on par with the some of the greatest films out there.

Aye, this was a great movie. Having a disability myself. I feel this just doesn't speak for just the deaf community but, more on those with disabilities in general. Granted that I am deaf in one ear and over time I will lose hearing in my good ear. I also suffer from albinism. This condition gives me pale skin, white hair, and really bad vision problems. Living with bullies when growing up was a constant thing.

Oh man this is a very good movie but it's also very emotional too. My wife and I loved it so much we had to own it on Blu-ray. It's a film you need to watch when you're in a clear headspace though. I'm not deaf, but I have been bullied when I was in high school.